Telephone Assistance Program
For more information visit https://mn.gov/puc/telecommunications/telephone-discounts/
Telephone Discounts Can Help You Stay In Touch
Minnesota’s Telephone Assistance Plan (TAP) and the federal LIFELINE Program help make telephone service affordable to low-income consumers.
TAP offers a $7.00 per month discount on home landline telephone service.
The Lifeline Program offers a $9.25 per month discount on home landline or internet service OR on cell phone service.
How do I find out if I am eligible?
Contact your service provider to ask if you qualify. Consumers enrolled in the following programs may already be eligible:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start
- Food Distribution Program